Focus on test benches to undestand what are their characteristics and functions.
An important sector for opus is certainly the test benches one, which in recent years has grown up thanks to requests from abroad (primarily China and United States).
What is a Test Bench and what is its function?
Under the name “Test bench” are grouped three categories of systems, substantially similar to each other but with different tasks:
1) Test systems, to physically test the components under examination (durability, frequency, holding pressure, etc.). In this category we can find, for example:
- Burst test benches: made for testing hydraulic components (flexible or rigid pipes, fittings, valves, etc.).
- Duration test benches: they are built for the durability tests of various mechanical and/or hydraulic components. The benches are designed according to the final operating environment of the object under test, in order to simulate as closely as possible the real conditions of use (for example pumps test benches)
- Endurance test benches: they are built for tests on objects containing liquid (valves, chisels, …) subjected to pressure in order to identify any leaks (for example the Hydro Test Bench)
- Volumetric test benches: they are designed to evaluate the volumetric expansion of the piece under test, against a static pressure applied.
Other two categories of systems are:
2) Characterization systems: The specific components are examined and checked for compliance. This is done by testing them within their operating parameters and under varied working conditions.
3) Integration systems: Simulate the individual parts of the component to be tested. Following the simulation of these component parts, the relative hardware part is inserted to complete the assembly of the final component. The acquisition and control system can be developed with Real Time operating systems (LabView RT, RTX, etc.) or classic type (Windows).
Opus Team for test benches:
Opus automazione has an internal working group focused on the design and construction of test benches, test and measurement systems, integration and characterization systems. A considerable effort was required to train personnel in relation to the complexity of the applications required and the standards applied.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT TEST BENCHES or TO ASK A QUESTION TO OUR EXPERTS or TO REQUEST A QUOTATION, VISIT THE DEDICATED PAGE, CLICKING HERE.